When you combine punctual, efficient train service with spectacular mountains, you get the Peaks of the World! The Peaks of the World package combines a scenic journey through the Bernese Oberland and the Valais with excursions by cogwheel train to two of Switzerland’s most attractive mountain peaks: Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe and Gornergrat above Zermatt – with the best view of the famous Matterhorn!
The basic package includes:
1. A Swiss Card with five transfers in Second Class
2. Excursion to Jungfraujoch and cogwheel train to Gornergrat
3. Four nights hotel accommodation
- Two nights three star accommodation in Interlaken or Grindelwald in a double room sharing, including breakfast
- Two nights three star accommodation in Zermatt in a double room sharing, including breakfast
Passengers will not be accompanied on this tour. Seat reservations are compulsory on all scenic trains, at an additional cost.
This tour is valid for travel between mid April to the end of November.
Itineraries can be extended, booked in the reverse direction, and upgrades are possible.
Day 1: Transfer from any Swiss Airport or border station by rail to Interlaken or Grindelwald. Overnight in Interlaken or Grindelwald.
Day 2: Excursion to Jungfraujoch. Overnight in Interlaken or Grindelwald.
Day 3: Travel by rail via Spiez-Visp to Zermatt, either through the new Loetschberg Tunnel or the scenic way with the BLS RegioExpress Loetschberg. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 4: Excursion by cogwheel train to Gornergrat. Overnight in Zermatt.
Day 5: Transfer to any Swiss Airport or border station.
- Upgrade to First Class for rail
- Upgrade to four star accommodation
- Package can be extended
- Free rail travel for children under 16 with a Swiss Family Card, available upon request of your purchase. Child must be accompanied by parents
- Special hotel rates apply for children
- Get a 50% discount on additional excursions purchased locally, upon presentation of the Swiss Card