The Glacier Express is a full day, panoramic trip through the heart of Switzerland. It crosses 291 bridges, passing through 91 tunnels, and reaching the 2 045m high Oberalp Pass. The views travelling from the eastern to the western Swiss Alps, are exquisite. The main stations on this route are Zermatt, Brig, Andermatt, Chur, Davos and St. Moritz. The Glacier Express operates all year round, however, in winter fewer services are offered. Panoramic, oversized windows, extending into the roof, provide all round views in panoramic cars.
- Eurail pass holders need an additional train ticket when travelling between Disentis and Zermatt, as it is a private line. Passholders are entitled to a discount
- Seat reservations are compulsory and charged at an additional cost
- Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availability, carriers will ensure that all passengers of the same party are seated together. Seats can only be swapped once onboard
- Panoramic First and Second Class and standard First and Second Class services are offered, offering comfortable, spacious seats, headrests and generous legroom
- Along the route, an information system is available in six languages. Headphones, and a Glacier Express information brochure are included on the Premium trains
- In-seat catering, a drinks service and a dining car are available. Reservations for meals need to be confirmed in advance.