The cogwheel railway climbs 1967m / 6454ft for the 7.2km/4.5m scenic journey to the summit in just 52 minutes on the only train of its kind – and so reminiscent of 19th century.
In Wilderswil, just a 4-minute train ride from Interlaken Ost, you board the unique cogwheel train with vintage wooden seats reminiscent of its 1893 inaugural journey up the Schynige Platte. The 52-minute journey brings you to the summit where the following activities can be found
- The only botanical Alpine garden in Switzerland with 650 species of flowers
- Impressive views of the Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau and Lakes Thun and Brienz
- Daily entertainment by costumed Alphorn players
- Easy circular hiking trails
- Mountain hotel and panorama restaurant with spacious terrace
- Nature cinema and railway exhibition
Open May 30 – October 25, 2020.
Cogwheel train operates every 40 minutes from approximately 07:25h to 16:45h.
Children from 6 to 15 get a discount, children under 6 do not require a ticket but will share seats with a paying adult. Children under 16 travelling with their parents on a Swiss Family Card, will travel for free.
Discounts for passengers holding a Swiss or Eurail Pass.
The coupon printed is valid for travel. No exchange is necessary.
If a passholder fare is purchased, both the coupon and pass must be presented at the station.
Once travel on the voucher is initiated, no refund will be due.