Benefits and Features
This is an unescorted tour. Travellers are free to enjoy Edinburgh on their own, including entry to those attractions mentioned.
- Roundtrip train travel from London to Edinburgh, including reserved seats
- Open top bus tour through Edinburgh covering all major sights
- Entrance into Edinburgh Castle
- Free time for shopping and sightseeing.
Does not include:
- Food or drinks
Day one, Meet our representative at the ticket office at Kings Cross train Station at 6:30 am, for your 7:00 am departure. Upon arrival in Edinburgh at 11:32 am we recommend you check in to your centrally-located hotel.
Open Top Bus Tour – This tour with City Sightseeing covers all the main sights (ticket valid for 24 hours). See the Royal Mile, Scotland’s most historic street; the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official Scottish residence of the Queen; the Museum of Scotland; and Greyfriars Bobby
Edinburgh Castle – Built on an extinct volcano, enjoy stunning views as you explore this former fortress and Royal residence. See the Scottish Crown Jewels and the Royal Apartments.
Day two, After breakfast, you may wish to continue your tour with city sightseeing, go shopping, or take a trip to see Her Majesty’s Royal Yacht Britannia in the historic port of Leith
Return Journey – Your train departs at 5:30 pm, arriving in London at 10:18 pm
Notes about the tour
Operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Please note: Tour does not operate in August
- This is an unaccompanied tour.
- Child discounts are applicable to passengers aged four to 11 years of age
- Groups of 10 passengers or more are welcome
- Discounted fare for passengers with a Britrail Pass (use of two travel days is required)
For more information, please contact your World Travel consultant.