- The 7pm rule applies.
- Saver option is available for 2 – 5 adults travelling together at all times.
Child & Youth Conditions:
- Children under 4 travel for free and do not need a pass. These children are not entitled to a seat and during busy times, may be required to sit on the accompanying adult’s lap.
- Children between the ages of 4 and 11 travel for free with a Child Pass.
- A child must be accompanied, at all times, by at least one person with an Adult Pass or Adult Saver Pass.
- The adult does not have to be a family member and can be anyone over the age of 18.
- Up to two children can travel with one adult. For example, when two adults are traveling, they can take four children with them.
- If more than two children are traveling with one adult, a separate First Class Youth Pass needs to be purchased for the additional children.
- Travelers aged between 12 and 25 can travel with a First Class or Second Class Youth Pass.
Prior to boarding a train, bus or boat, passengers must record their trip in the Travel Report on the Pass cover (in blue or black ink). If passengers travel without having entered the trip in the Travel Report, they risk a fine and payment of a full fare ticket. The conditions of use are no longer printed in the Eurail cover but in the traveler’s guide. Therefore, it is mandatory to give traveler’s guide to customers.
Bonuses and Benefits:
- For a full list of benefits, bonuses, discounts and locations of Eurail Aid Offices, please contact your World Travel consultant or download the Eurail App on your smartphone.
- Benefits Rule: Travel bonuses may require a daily travel Pass.
- Eurail Pass holders are entitled to special Pass-holder fares.
- Please note that Eurail Passes are not valid on the Postbus lines in Switzerland.
- For Eurail Pass holders in Switzerland, a point-to-point ticket has to be purchased to cover the journey from/to Disentis to/from Brig (private line of Glacier Express in Switzerland). Eurail Pass holders are entitled to a 25% reduction on this point-to-point ticket. The fare is available on Euronet by searching for “Glacier Express or MGB Eurail Pass- holder Fares”.
- Valid on DB IC buses, Second Class only. Reservations are compulsory