The Indian Pacific runs from the Pacific to the Indian Ocean. Stops along the way include Broken Hill in Outback New South Wales, Adelaide in South Australia and the mining town of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.
- Route: Sydney – Adelaide – Perth
- Duration: Three nights in either direction
- Distance: 4352 kilometers, twice weekly in both directions
- Timetable: Westbound trains from Sydney – Adelaide – Perth run on a Wednesday and Saturday. Eastbound trains from Perth – Darwin – Adelaide – Sydney may vary depending on peak/off peak seasons
- Two levels of service:
- Gold Service: Romance and elegance
- Red Service – backpacker budget
- Accommodation and in-cabin service:
- Twin and single cabins – 3 seater lounge converts to upper and lower bunks
- Toilet and shower facilities in cabin
- Complimentary toiletry bag
- Free onboard magazine
- Meals onboard: Meals are included in the price of the ticket and are served in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant.
Breakfast packs can be delivered to cabins to cater for early morning destination arrivals and off-train tour requirements.
Complimentary tea and coffee is available 24 hours a day from the lounge. Access is provided to the Outback Explorer lounge where beverages can be purchased.
- Luggage: Gold Service Twin Sleeper Cabin – Allowance of one travel bag not exceeding 20kg and no larger than 70 x 80 cm length and height. Plus one piece of hand luggage.
- Children: Children aged 4-15 years old will be charged at a discounted rate when sharing a berth or seat with a paying adult.
- Accommodation and in-cabin services:
- Facing armchairs convert to upper and lower berths
- Toilet and shower facilities at the end of the carriage
- Complimentary onboard magazine
- Meals on board: Meals are not included in the price of the ticket.There is access to the Red Service Diner where light meals and beverages are available for purchase.
- Cabin luggage: Red Service sleeper cabin allows one travel bag not exceeding 20kg in weight and no larger than 50 x 30 x 30cm, plus one piece of hand luggage. Red service Daynighter seat – one travel bag not exceeding 2kg in weight and no larger than 50 x 30 x 30cm.
- Check in luggage: Due to cabin space constraints, it is recommended that you take an overnight bag containing all over-night essentials and check–in all other luggage. Guests are permitted to check-in a maximum of 40kg luggage free of charge. (Two items not exceeding 20kg each)
Please note: Checked in luggage cannot be accessed during the journey. Luggage should be checked in up to 30 minutes before departure. Unchecked luggage is carried at the passenger’s own risk. Bags should be secured and clearly marked with passenger’s name, destination and contact phone number both inside and outside the bag. No animals are permitted. An infant’s stroller or carry basket is included as part of the checked baggage.