Travel in one of seven beautifully detailed carriages, each bearing the name of a great British castle or stately home. The superb onboard cuisine is just as exquisite, created using locally sourced ingredients and paired with fine wines and champagnes. Departing from regional stations throughout the UK, the wide variety of luxury train journeys include visits to magnificent castles, vibrant cities and major events. Belmond Northern Belle entered service in 2000, and has set the standard for stylish day trips and short breaks ever since. It reflects the style of England’s ’Belle’ trains and the Pullman carriages of its sister train, the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. The individually designed carriages have been lovingly restored by some of the country’s top craftspeople, including marquetry experts, muralists and mosaic artists.
- Every guest is warmly welcomed aboard by attentive and dedicated crew. Belmond Northern Belle comprises of six dining carriages which seat 42 guests and one half carriage which seats 26. All contain tables of two and four, with plenty of room for guests to move around and enjoy the train’s sociable atmosphere.
- Your table, set with a crisp white tablecloth, shining silverware and glittering crystal, sets the scene. Our chefs prepare fine lunches and dinners from local ingredients from the regions it travels through.
- Each meal is accompanied by the finest wines and Champagnes, expertly selected by our sommelier.
Inspiring Day Journeys:
Belmond Northern Belle offers departures from numerous locations in Northern England to popular tourist destinations with a focus on specific attractions, including:
- London (at Leisure, Sightseeing, Shard Experience, Bletchley Park)
- York (at Leisure, Castle Howard, Historic York)
- Bath (at Leisure, Historic Roman Baths, Brunels ss Great Britain)
- Edinburgh (at Leisure, Royal Yacht Britannia, Sights)
- Chester (Chester at Leisure, Chester Zoo, Historic Chester)
Belmond Northern Belle also offers a number of special date departures. These include visits to special events such as Edinburgh Fringe, Royal Ascot, and the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. There are also feature lunches and dinners for special dates including Celebrity Chef Experiences, Mothers Day, Valentines Day and Christmas.
For the ultimate in group travel, luxury train journeys on the Belmond Northern Belle are an ideal way to entertain clients, colleagues or friends. Whatever the occasion, we ensure a lasting impression. With a wide selection of fantastic destinations to choose from, there is a journey to suit every taste. Select from a variety of day, lunch, dinner or weekend itineraries to some of the most beautiful and historic sights in the British Isles. To add to the excitement and prestige of a special event, charter the Belmond Northern Belle train. You can hire the train for one of our regular excursions and choose from fabulous destinations such as Bath or Edinburgh. Or let us arrange an exclusive journey to meet your special requirements. Dining on board Belmond Northern Belle is an experience of true indulgence. All table d’hôte meals are included in the fare, in addition to selected wines and champagne.
Impress clients or colleagues with a unique corporate event. We can arrange to have your company’s brand displayed aboard the train and at the check in lounge. Make your journey completely unique with customised menus featuring your company’s logo and a special welcome message. Depending on group size, entertainment can be arranged both on the platform and aboard the train.
Belmond Northern Belle is a spectacular venue for any celebration, from birthdays and anniversaries to special family reunions. A memorable event is guaranteed with special guest gifts and celebratory cake. Or embrace the golden age of travel and opt for a vintage steam-hauled departure.
Bring a group of friends together for an exceptional day out on the rails. Your event will be totally tailored, with departures themed to your interest and bespoke menus. Depending on the size of your party, we can also create a custom route with pick-ups from your chosen station.
• A non-refundable 25% deposit is required five days after receiving confirmation
• The full payment is required 60 days prior to departure date.
Please contact your World Travel consultant for more information.